FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bizarre and creative ICC shenanigan ? (denied boarding on middle leg of award)
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:58 am
Guy Betsy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Reminded me of the time I spent at the TG office myself trying to sort out BD's problem too way back in 2007.

I had 2 reservations booked TG BKK to DPS. BD didn't issue my ticket in time before TG sector got cancelled. The remaining sectors however remained intact. ie DPS-SIN-KUL on SQ. And BD issued those sectors the next day without clarifying what had happened.

TG res office could see the entire PNR cos they use AMADEUS- just like BD. They kindly printed the entire PNR for me to read and I basically saw the problem right away.

BD had priced the itinerary and sent the res over to ticketing. My friend's ticket was issued on one day. The day that TG had set a ticketing deadline. Maybe because his last name alphabetically is "A" and mine is "T".But as mine wasn't issued till the next day, TG had automatically cancelled their segment but leaving the SQ sector which BD had issued but clearly without a clue as to what happened.

And cos the DC isn't open till 8am UK time, there isn't much one can do that day so had to stay on in BKK till they opened. DC in ICC initially denied that it was their fault and after much cafafus, they admitted fault and reissued our tickets entirely. My friend opted to stay on with me instead of flying out first.

So - I had wasted time , money, phone calls and grief over this issue and all DC did was to give me 10K miles (x2) for my 'troubles'.