FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help!! What's the cheapest way to get JGC
Old Mar 15, 2010, 9:40 pm
JALPak
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Help!! What's the cheapest way to get JGC

This is not for myself as I am a JGC member already. But thanks to the recent changes on the JAL Global Club program, a couple of people have asked me what the are cheapest ways to attain JGC. I am starting this thread so everyone can benefit from the discussion (and save me some time )

Below are something to consider
1. If you live in Japan, apply for JALCard so you can earn 10-20% more FOPs during the campaign period
2. No, JAL is not running (at least haven't announced) any kind of double FOPs promotion. The only bonus FOP campaigns are the JALCard one and the regular 400 FOPs bonus on certain fares.
3. The quickest way probably is to do a domestic mileage run. A short flight e.g. HND-ITM can earn as much as 1072 FOPs if you fly in Y (100% mileage rate) but this will not earn you the most miles.
4. International mileage run will give you better miles/yen but it takes a much longer time to complete and might cost more because of the hotel cost.

So here is the challenge question, how to obtain JMB Sapphire with minimum cost? Anyone?

Update: I have created a post (#4) to list the current cheapest routes. By the way, no prize for the winner

Last edited by JALPak; Mar 15, 2010 at 11:47 pm