FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike Dates: 20-22 March and 27-30 March (Dates Inclusive)
Old Mar 15, 2010, 1:11 pm
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
It is pretty clear that they are waiting to see the level of participation in the first strike period before determining what is going to happen in the second wave. At this date, they are letting you cancel or move your dates.
While I would agree with your assesment I would still say it does not help anyone who is booked on the second set of strikes! I understand people effected from the 20th will ahve had the same amount of notice people in the second set have but that does not make it a good move, they have had 3 days to plan this while much longer for the second set so it means just have to sit and wait and see!

As for cancelling now that is not an option as all £10k in prepaid accomm (mostly on a safari which tend to be prepaid) goes down the drain while if it does get cancelled I get it back from insurance but then have little to no time to do anything else! Again cant move dates as then it wont tie in with any plans and internal flights already booked and as BA have not cancelled the flight insurance would again be invalidated!

The fact for the 3 days of the first strikes LHR-JNB is cancelled means it does not look good for it running over the 2nd set, but while at the moment there are other plans I could make, get to next Monday / Tuesday it becomes much more difficult and holiday dates are like many peoples non flexible!