FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:08 am
vrbaba

Originally Posted by Delta2010
I have been following this thread for a while but have not ordered any coins myself yet. Reason - I donot know how I will spend the coins. I am afraid it will become more of a headache to spread these coins. A question for gurus - I am studying part time in the evening classes. University charges 2.5% conv fee is I used CC to pay the tuition fee therefore I usually play through echeck. Will university accept the coins instead? Has anyone tried it before? I cannot stop smiling imagining the reaction of the cashier when I will show him the coins^
Usually you have a deadline to pay the fees. Assuming the tuition you want to pay in coins is "nominal" (Are you really going to buy over 10k in coins?) - say $1k - $5k, you can go there multiple times to pay portions of it. I do not see a problem in them taking $500 in coins, and tell the cashier you have some more that you will come back with.