FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Access to Private Clubs and Bars in Hong Kong
Old Mar 15, 2010, 1:42 am
Jamoldo

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Originally Posted by christep
What is it that you are hoping to get from these private clubs exactly? As far as I can see many of them (Kee Club, M1NT, etc) are just places that pander the certain residents' needs to pose and pout and show off how much money daddy put in their trust fund (or how overpaid they are as gambling bankers).

The China Club is quite a different thing from the other two (the average age must be at least double for a start). It has old money there, and could be good for business networking.
I don't know Christep, I don't think M1NT is that difficult to get into. I rarely go, but when I do, have never been asked for a membership card or whatever. I think its a shareholders club (ie. your "membership" is actually part ownership). The demographic at Kee Club is older, significantly but not like that at China Club. Membership is not expensive; a good friend of mine has it and he told me how much (it's not much).

Additionally, I think there are much harder places to get into that pander to more posing and pouting, such as Volar (never succeeded and tried once or twice), a new model club in Central (i forget where), Dragon I, and Prive. Of course I rarely if ever go to these unless quite drunk or taken in by someone since I don't feel its worth the hassle or that there is any value offered.

Let's be realistic here though, HK is much more accessible even with these venues, from what I hear, when compared to say, New York or London.

The real question is, what does the OP want or consider value? Easiest thing (in a club) might be to get the concierge to call the club (assuming that's what he/she wants), place a reservation under your name and to buy a bottle or something.