FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why are HKG-YVR so full in May?
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2001, 9:20 am
Andrew Yiu
Company Representative - Air Canada

Have they reintroduced two flights a day ex-YVR again yet? Has the YYZ-HKG non strop started up?

They haven't reintroduced the A340 YYZ-HKG flight yet, I think it might be time for them to reconsider the way the loads are showing for Apr/May. I do hope they will open up some seats or add a flight. I have never seen this particular flight so booked up in Apr and May. The only time this happens is March Break (YVR/HKG flights are overbook everyday this week), late Aug and Christmas holidays.

Could also be a lot of consolidator/tour groups preblocked in the back cabin all sold out.

It's only the HKG-YVR segment that's very booked up but YVR-HKG is quite empty. I don't think many tours from HKG to Canada are happening around that time, i see a lot of advertisement in HKG paper giving big discounts for travel in late Apr - June. Also the kids are getting a special 2 weeks holiday from March 15 - 27 because of the census going on so many parents are already taking their kids for a vacation.

This is very puzzling... I'll be forced to fly UA Y class if I couldn't get a seat on AC which is the last thing that I want to happen.