FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Israeli Plats get free Presidents Club membership
Old Mar 11, 2010, 1:09 pm
Hartmann
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Dovster
I was very surprised to get a Presidents Club membership card, good through 2/11, in the mail today.

It was accompanied by a letter which said, "Continental Airlines is pleased to offer a complimentary Presidents Club membership to you" and added, "this is one of the numerous benefits you receive as one of our OnePass Platinum Elite members and resident of Israel".

This was one heck of a smart PR move by Continental -- and most likely will not wind up costing it any money.

As a Plat, I am already entitled to lounge access whenever I fly internationally -- and except for a limited number of domestic flights by Israeli companies, every flight which originates or ends in Israel is an international one.

About the only time the Presidents Club membership will come in handy is if I fly to the States, have one or more stopovers in various cities, and then fly back. In these cases, which are quite rare (both for me and most other Israelis), I will be able to get into the PC without paying.

Still, the gesture was greatly appreciated and makes it much more likely that I will choose CO for future flights (I was given the Platinum Elite status in a match offer after earning PM on Delta).

I do have one question, however, and was unable to find the answer on the CO website: Do I have to be flying CO to get into the Presidents Club or can I be traveling on any airline that day?
If you have a Presidents Club card, you do not need to be flying CO the day you access it.

Also, you have access to the UA Red Carpet Clubs with a PC membership.