FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MPG on Alaska flights booked through Delta (as a codeshare)
Old Mar 10, 2010, 6:34 pm
gregtay

Programs: DL DIA/MM AS MVPG75K Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by missydarlin
umm... we don't have reciprocal upgrades with DL at this time.

It sounds like you need to call Delta back and find out why they can't see available F seats.
Opps... right.. forgot.. i thought that was back after the merger.

Thanks all for your comments. I have been Alaska MVPG for about 10 years a few of those years i also achieved United Plat.... so i do understand the system and the limitations of the situation i am in. In the system i am on a DL flight.. so AS can't really touch the reservation. Delta could not (or at least they never have) been able to give me prefered seats on Alaska metal flights booked under a DL codeshare flight. Basically Delta recognizes my status for DL/NW flights.. but no help on the AS flights. A call to the MVPG line fixes this and they look up my flight and move me to a Gold seat in coach.. but can't upgrade me even with space allows... which just seems silly (Again.. i understand the details of the ticketing system and why this isn't easy... but once they verify i am Gold you would think they could just override everything and give me a 1st class seat.

One other comment on this... because i am flying a a DL itenerary that includes a AS codeshare the flights don't seem to get posted to my Alaska account automatically.. again.. it's the system. In the past i have had to go up to the AS website and request credit for the AS portion of the trip (the DL/NW flight shows up automatically.. but not the AS leg. I had the same thing happen last week. I flew on DL from SEA-AMS-BCN and MUC-AMS-SEA... but for some reason when my travel assistant booked the flights they were booked through KLM on DL codeshare flights. Everything was DL/NW metal except the AMS-BCN and MUC-AMS flights which were KLM. KLM automatically reported the KLM metal flights to AS for milage credit... but to get the credit for the DL flights i have to send in the info to AS... reason?.. because KLM doesn't typically report milage for codeshare flights to a 3rd party milage partner (they only report miles on their metal.. and at the same time DL/NW aren't going to report anything because I flew them on KLM ticketstock.. so they leave that up to KLM. Kind of a pain.. but not a huge deal... just the way the system works and at least i understand the limitations. Here is another example... You can book an AA ticket from LAX-NRT-SIN. The NRT-SIN flight is via a JAL codeshare flight (JAL metal.) AA isn't going to report those miles to Alaska. and they shouldn't... even through i am on an AA ticket i don't get credit for the JAL flight on my Alaska account... becuase JAL and AS don't have a partnership. Its just one of those things you have to becareful of. I try to fly the longest legs (international legs) of my flights on non-codeshare flights (if the longest flight is on DL then I book a DL flight number.)

Anyway.. again.. not a big deal.. i one of of the happiest ASMVPG's around.. i just love AS and look forward to every flight... and dispite the changes over the years i still love everything about AS. Okay.. you could bring back the original snack pack with the peanut butter and vitC pack.. the new anytime pack is just lame.

Cheers all.... a few more meetings in Tokyo then off to NRT in a few hours... for another day in the air... and even though NW World Biz Class is really nice.. it's isn't home.. but when i get on the AS flight in HNL and sink into my coach seat with the freindly AS crew... well thats when i know i am almost home.