FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Of Crew Power Trips and egalitarianism (US Airways purser)
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:47 pm
dingo

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I watched the FA's boot some lady off the plane on Saturday night on the CLT - SFO flight. I don't know what happened between the ticket counter and row 3, or from row 3 to where ever she sat. All I saw was this lady struggling to get down the aisle with food and bags in tow. The male FA said "mam, I'm here to help you I really am" and the pax muttered something and kept moving. There is no way the FA could have heard what she said because I was right next to her when she said it. After everyone boarded the male FA called to the FA in the back of the plane and asked "is she still giving you problems" then said "she needs to go" and called up to the ticket counter. A few minutes later a female US employee entered the plane and spoke w/ the male FA. The female ticket counter rep was of the same race as the PAX in question so I felt a little better about what was about to happen for some reason. The ticket counter lady said that the PAX was mad b/c she was forced to consolidate three bags into two before boarding and was pissed about having to do so. The male FA said that when she boarded she had three bags and an umbrella...I can't vouch for that, but I also don't recall her having that much stuff. So a few of them went back to get her, she left calmly, door closed, plane takes off.

I have no idea what happened at all, but I also did not see or hear any ruckus at all. Might have been legit, might have been a power trip. For me, it was a power trip though. The plane was maybe 75% full so there was no shortage of bin space.

Just another day in the skies.