FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quality of drinks and snacks going downhill?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:54 am
Duckouttahere

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by thegeneral
It's pretty clear you want to thread crap. Why don't you try doing that somewhere else. I have no desire to be on here complaining. I'd rather AS just have better options.
I think it's pretty clear to everyone on who wants to thread crap. If you are really upset at the options, you can always bring your own food on board ala Southwest. Be thankful that Alaska offers food for purchase on board should you decide that you're hungry.

It's odd that there are FIVE when the website lists two. Of course, the site is probably wrong and you are probably correct. The alternative is that you don't really know what you're talking about.
I would suspect AS Flyer knows more about what Alaska offers than you do.

In terms of your comment about how it sells, I'll stand by my previous comments. In terms of people enjoying the olives, you're assuming (once again) that people actually eat the olives.
I would suspect that AS Flyer knows if people are eating the olives based on what trash is left over when the flight attendants go through the cabin with the trash bags.

People commonly eat burgers and chips. I've been to many a bbq/picnic and rather rarely see plain old unflavored potato chips anywhere. That aside, AS is selling a meal and does have an onus to try to put some nutrition in it. Potato chips don't cut it from either a flavor perspective or a nutrition perspective.
Most people prefer Coke or Pepsi over Jones soda (hint two of those companies are profitable while one is not) and I would suspect that with the ever increasing weight of Americans that most people prefer potato chips over something nutritious. BTW, I always see plan old potato chips at bbqs/picnics/Superbowl parties.

Getting rid of Tim's chips doesn't mean that it couldn't be replaced with another product. Just because a bad offering is local doesn't mean it should get a pass. There are better local offerings that it can be replaced with.
Going back to the local thing...You chastise Alaska for getting rid of a local product (Jones Soda) and then you expect them to ditch another local product (Tim's Chips) because you don't like them? What about all the other people that fly Alaska? What about their opinions? Just because you like or dislike something doesn't mean everyone else is going to feel the way you do.