FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quality of drinks and snacks going downhill?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 9:18 am
thegeneral
Suspended

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
It's clear you just want to complain, and that's fine - we all need to do that sometime.

As far as the burger goes, potato chips appeal to masses as a side. Every summer millions of people eat burgers and chips at picnics all over the country. I have to believe that many folks enjoy the combination. Short of selling fries with the burgers, I'm not sure what else you would suggest.
It's pretty clear you want to thread crap. Why don't you try doing that somewhere else. I have no desire to be on here complaining. I'd rather AS just have better options.

Just wanted to point out that there are actually FIVE picnic packs available of different varieties. Some are $3.50 and some are $6.00. The Tapas Picnic Pack sells quite well. Whether you like the olives in it or not - others seem to enjoy them.
Really? There are FIVE? That's odd, perhaps you can write AS can tell them that their website is wrong.

http://www.alaskaair.com/as/www2/hel...ice-coach.aspx

It's odd that there are FIVE when the website lists two. Of course, the site is probably wrong and you are probably correct. The alternative is that you don't really know what you're talking about.

In terms of your comment about how it sells, I'll stand by my previous comments. In terms of people enjoying the olives, you're assuming (once again) that people actually eat the olives.

As far as the burger goes, potato chips appeal to masses as a side. Every summer millions of people eat burgers and chips at picnics all over the country. I have to believe that many folks enjoy the combination. Short of selling fries with the burgers, I'm not sure what else you would suggest.
People commonly eat burgers and chips. I've been to many a bbq/picnic and rather rarely see plain old unflavored potato chips anywhere. That aside, AS is selling a meal and does have an onus to try to put some nutrition in it. Potato chips don't cut it from either a flavor perspective or a nutrition perspective.

thegeneral - Why do you even bother flying Alaska if you so obviously don't like them as a business or their product??? All you do on here is complain...every post is about a problem. What do you expect from an airline? You always look at the glass half-empty (at least in your posts) and it really brings down the "half-full" tone that our AS forum has.
My choices for who I fly are not your concern. All I do here is complain? I've made several posts that give praise to AS. The search button is there for a reason, so perhaps you should figure out how to use it. It would save you from making statements that are straight up incorrect. What do I expect? For a company that has service offerings that are good and unique to not screw them up.

In terms of getting comped the burger, I had an FA up front tell me that they now are charging for it if you have it to go along with the meal. I was happy to pay. The cheeseburger is good. I had them throw out the generic chips that came with it.

I was merely mentioning that your logic has not been consistent because you only had bad things to say about Tim's chips despite them being a local brand. Perhaps you should not assume things and go reread my post.
Getting rid of Tim's chips doesn't mean that it couldn't be replaced with another product. Eastern Washington can grow pretty much anything except for tropical fruit. Just because a bad offering is local doesn't mean it should get a pass. There are better local offerings that it can be replaced with.