FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Actions Speaks Louder Than Words: Did You Stop Flying Delta?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:52 am
humanoid94

I am pretty much treading water with Delta until this fall when I intend to status match over to CO and switch to Star Alliance for next year. I will end up requalifying for Platinum on Delta this year, but that is mainly because of J trip to DPS I took on AF and rollover miles. The reasons for this are varied, a primary one is that Delta.com is just driving me nuts. I can't believe how difficult it is to book an international award ticket and if I hear that "No flights are available" from IAD to Europe again I will... well anyway it is incredibly fustrating. More than that, though, I am really bored with Skyteam and their business class products. The DPS trip was eye opening as I had segments on TG is J and CX in J and I realized how much better their J products were than what can be found in Skyteam.

What could Delta do to keep me? Fixing Delta.com would maybe do it, I really hate calling in to book an award. Back in the NWA.com days I would spend a great deal of time fiddling with an award, dates, classes, routings, until I got what I considered to be a perfect trip. The telephone agents simply don't have the patience for it. That would help. I would also like to see some realistic way to upgrade to business class. I am not afraid to spend 2-3K or so for a leisure J fare, but these prices on M fares are just unbelievable.

Last edited by humanoid94; Mar 10, 2010 at 7:10 am