FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroplan for UA flight
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2001, 3:03 pm
FFSaver

Just want to see if any of you have any ideas on this problem that I'm having...

Just call AC Aeroplan customer service today. As the routine, I had to wait for about 20 min. on the phone before someone answered (besides the new president's message apologizing for their service. Well, instead of apology, I rather have them do a better job)! I asked the lady about the status of my mileage and she said that she doesn’t know anything about them. I am just afraid that they haven’t even yet opened my envelop!

Well, the thing is this. I didn’t know that I had to send in my e-ticket with the boarding passes to get my points redeemed. I thought that the boarding passes were sufficient. Then, the lady said that AC will send back my boarding passes and I have to resend the whole “**** thing” again. I asked her when they would send back my boarding pass, but she has no idea (didn’t surprise me)…the usual waiting game!

Now, have you received points by sending in just your boarding passes or did you send in a copy of your e-ticket, too?

BTW, I tried to call UA to enroll in Mileage Plus and get points from them, but apparently, you only have 45 days to reclaim your points! Man, I’m unlucky with this here… However, I spoke to a CSR after 1 min of waiting with UA (compared to 20 min. on avg with AC!!!)

AC’s customer service (what service??) sucks (pardon my language)