View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 10, 4:00 am
Londonjetsetter

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by behuman View Post
Aman will gladly with a supplement of USD 250 on your Aman India journey package make the detour via Agra (Taj Mahal) and Fatehpur Sikri - both an absolute must - on your Aman Delhi to Amanbagh transfer. Taking the train without assistance with bags is nonsense.

I left at 0730 and in less than 4 hours was in Agra for a visit to Taj Mahal, then a nice vegatarian buffet lunch at the Taj Hotel (now called gateway) and then on to Fatehpur Sikri. Leaving Fatehpur Sikri at 4 PM the road till Amanbagh was surprisingly good and I arrived by 6:30 PM.

Make sure to have a Terrace Haveli suite at Amanbagh and transferring to Aman-i-khas pass via Amber Fort and Jaipur.

Return from Aman-i-khas to Delhi is convenient and pleasant by train in a private compartment. You will be on time for all evening departures from DEL or another delightful night at extremely well managed (Henry Gray) Aman Delhi.
I am doing exactly this trip in November, but staying a night at the Oberoi in Agra. Glad to hear that the transport was seamless.