FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aman Poll and Questions 2010 onwards
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:40 am
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I personally think it's crazy to think of doing an excursion to the Taj Mahal, but if you want to get up at dawn, then the best way is to get the train from Delhi to Agra - Shathabi Express (sorry about spelling, but not at home right now) and then back again.

It can be really quite cold in December, so take some warm sweaters and jackets for the evenings. It gets particularly cold in Ranthambhore.

Aman will gladly with a supplement of USD 250 on your Aman India journey package make the detour via Agra (Taj Mahal) and Fatehpur Sikri - both an absolute must - on your Aman Delhi to Amanbagh transfer. Taking the train without assistance with bags is nonsense.

I left at 0730 and in less than 4 hours was in Agra for a visit to Taj Mahal, then a nice vegatarian buffet lunch at the Taj Hotel (now called gateway) and then on to Fatehpur Sikri. Leaving Fatehpur Sikri at 4 PM the road till Amanbagh was surprisingly good and I arrived by 6:30 PM.

Make sure to have a Terrace Haveli suite at Amanbagh and transferring to Aman-i-khas pass via Amber Fort and Jaipur.

Return from Aman-i-khas to Delhi is convenient and pleasant by train in a private compartment. You will be on time for all evening departures from DEL or another delightful night at extremely well managed (Henry Gray) Aman Delhi.