FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Good Life Part I : The Westin Sydney, ARIA Restaurant, SYD-SFO QF J (pics, long)
Old Mar 7, 2010, 5:16 am
QFBoy

A pre-dinner drink was offered with nuts and then it was time for the dinner service.

Campari OJ and nuts

Michelle working the service trolley

Salad of Prosciutto and Parmesan with Balsamic Dressing and a glass of Matua Valley Sauvignon Blanc

Seat 2A dining

Roast Lamb Fillet with Rosemary Jus and Pumpkin Puree and a glass of Grenache

Just a tiny bit overcooked, otherwise very tasty

Nice Cream Espresso and Vanilla Ice Cream with Pistachio Praline and a glass of Botrytis Riesling (yummy!!)

Michelle offering tea and coffee

Lie-flat sleeper seats are really the only way to fly. You can always find a comfortable position and sleeping is easy! I slept for about three hours and then spent the rest of the time watching movies and TV series.

Seat 3K relaxing

Seat 3A snoozing

More alcohol at the self-service bar

About 2.5 hours before landing the cabin started smelling of croissants and fried bacon. Time for breakfast!

Omlette on toast with Spinach and Potato Cake. Fresh Fruit. Croissant and Jam. Banana and Berry Smoothie.

We landed on time in SFO and were the first passengers to leave which meant a quick trip through U.S. Immigration. At SFO baggage reclaim, any suitcase that has a Business or Priority sticker on gets taken off and put in a special area for collection. This „service“ seems to be more chaotic than helpful and results in a crowd gathering and waiting for their luggage. Not to sure whose idea this was.

Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable and pleasant flight with one of my favourite airlines.

QFBoy

Coming up: The Westin Market St, Gary Danko’s, SFO-MUC LH J

Last edited by QFBoy; Mar 11, 2014 at 4:13 pm