FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Good Life Part I : The Westin Sydney, ARIA Restaurant, SYD-SFO QF J (pics, long)
Old Mar 7, 2010, 5:14 am
QFBoy

The Good Life Part I : The Westin Sydney, ARIA Restaurant, SYD-SFO QF J (pics, long)

Introduction
After four months, it was finally time to fly back home to Austria. Having always done this route via Asia I thought I’d mix things up a bit this time and fly via The States. SFO to be exact.

As an indulgent treat to conclude my trip I decided to book a nice hotel and a table at one of the top restaurants in Australia I had been wanting to go to. The hotel of choice? The Westin Sydney (I had always wanted to stay here!) The restaurant? Matt Moran’s Aria in Sydney. My friend and I reserved a table two weeks in advance just to be safe and I got an amazing rate at The Westin.

28 February 2010
The Westin Sydney
1 Martin Place

I checked in to the hotel at around 4pm and was allocated a room on the 6th floor which looked in to the main interior of the building. The Westin was built inside the old General Post Office.

Well my expectations were surpassed as I entered the room and it was everything I had hoped for. Elegant, clean, spacious, awesome bathroom with separate bathtub and rain shower with lots of milk glass. And not to mention the Heavenly Bed! If I hadn’t had so much luggage already I would have packed it in my suitcase! Needless to say I slept like a baby and found it hard to get up in the morning, although that could have also been due to consuming copious amounts of wine at Aria. We’ll get to that soon...

The room:

Beautiful over-sized bathtub

Can someone buy me this bed please! It only costs $3,545USD ☺

Bose Sound System

Last edited by QFBoy; Mar 11, 2014 at 4:11 pm