FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge access at Chennai
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:33 pm
bosbiz

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by omegadeal
I have a four hour layover tomorrow in MAA. I will be coming in on the international terminal and departing on the domestic terminal connecting to Hyderabad.

I have priority pass and it looks like I can use the Bica lounge. From the description it sounds like this is outside security. I'm thinking I should allow myself one hour to clear security after leaving the lounge to be safe?
Oops: Haven't used Chennai as much, the lines (and the airport) aren't nearly as good as Hyderabad, Bangalore or (soon) Trivandrum. An hour at Chennai should be more than enough. You can eyeball security from the lounge, there is usually one or more airline reps floating around and you can ask them for a current estimate of wait times.

Security at Hyderabad with the new airport isn't bad at all. Rarely ever see long lines. True of Bangalore as well during the times I've been there.

The lounges in Hyderabad (which you can get access to via Priority Pass) aren't too bad, and have fairly fast internet connections with laptops if you don't have your own. Easy to connect with your own laptop as well with the ethernet cable. They have hot food at meal times.

Last edited by bosbiz; Mar 6, 2010 at 11:36 pm Reason: oops