FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rant: The disappearing BD64/BD65 LHR-EDI / EDI-LHR thread
Old Mar 6, 2010, 7:53 am
Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo

Programs: BD *G, Tufty Club - crossing the road is far more dangerous than flying
Whilst I can sympathise that BD need to cut costs to stay afloat, the loss of the last flight is a major inconvenience. It means I have to rush back to LHR on any business days I have in London, but also makes connecting flights home from long haul trips much more difficult. I know LH would prefer people to route through their FRA hub, but with currently only 1 flight per day EDI-FRA-EDI, this is not a realistic option either.

One little addendum:-
I've made an award booking for my other half KUL-BKK-LHR-EDI, returning to EDI on one of the non-existent BD64 flights (11th May). When I tried to make a revenue booking on the same flight, it doesn't exist, so I have to get the first flight home the next morning.
Of course, no word yet from the ICC that my OH's flight has been cancelled, despite me knowing this to be the case for some 2 weeks. In addition, I just managed to use the LH website to reserve her seats on this non-existent flight, and noticed that 3 other seats are already taken...