FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priceline guests get a bad rap? How to fix?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 1:04 pm
MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I think part of the problem is that you have 3* hotels offering $35 PL rates. If they're doing that, then they're getting a $35 customer. The $35 PL customer is often times more demanding than the biz travelers and often times more apt to trash a room. I can completely understand why hoteliers don't like the PL customer, but it's their fault for willing to take such low rated business.
I normally use PL & HW quite a bit for hotels and have only gotten the "attitude" a few times at the front desk; most of the time no different treatment. Never a problem using amendities such as the airport shuttle or complimentary breakfast. The way I look at it I like saving money and really could care less about what opinion a front desk employee would have about me.

The best way to fight this is first and foremost act polite and leave the room in acceptable condition. Second, both PL and HW usually follow up with customer feedback surveys and use that to report any problems with front desk personnel.