FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rant: The disappearing BD64/BD65 LHR-EDI / EDI-LHR thread
Old Mar 4, 2010, 6:51 am
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Absolutely, I agree about the loads. But what about the yields? Those two dozen people on the 65 might be full fares that only chose a return trip on bmi because the late flight home existed. Take the 65 away, and suddenly the 50 has fewer pax.
True but those two dozens could equally be TNE fare type fliers who could not get a seat on BD62 at comparable price. The story put forward by CR has a ring of plausibility about, which does not, however, mean that it is necessarily true. Without insider knowledge it is impossible to determine which is which (but perhaps you do have access to information that enables you to come to a more informed conclusion... ).

Your faith in the good sense of management is touching
indeed... yet I would have slightly more confidence in the good sense of LH management although I am sure that LH's overall agenda would be a higher consideration than BD's own interest proper (but then, was the same not true before, i.e. the interest of the owners of BD taking priority over BD's own interest itself... A330 leases, anyone? ).