FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA
Old Mar 3, 2010, 9:50 am
budtonite

Programs: BA Executive Club
Unhappy

Originally Posted by pdrickey
So after being told that I was not eligible for the voucher because 2009 spending did not count, I escalated the issue at Chase. A manager at Chase informed me that what I was originally told (2009 spend didn’t count) was incorrect and that 2009 spending does qualify for a voucher. They told me to contact BA for the certificate. I called BA and was once again told that Chase was issuing the certificates... I became upset and asked to have the issue escalated at BA. BA told me they would have an answer within a week. I called today as it has been about a week and the CSR who answered told me that Chase was running behind and the vouchers would be sent in 6-8weeks! I told her that I had requested the issue be escalated due to the fact that the Terms and Conditions stated 4-6weeks, not 12+. She put me on hold for a while and came back and gave me the certificate number!! Apparently the certificate can only be used via BA.com... I will be booking tonight. Finally!!
Congratulations!!

Chase are certainly giving us the runaround on this offer. Two earlier calls to Chase confirmed that ALL spend in 2009 would count toward the $30k qualifying spend. Yesterday an account manager at Chase told me that only spend during November and December would count, so I did not qualify. On pointing out that the verbiage of the offer stated "calendar year" and that Chase were apparently not standing behind their offer he did agree to submit a request to Chase marketing to issue a voucher for me based on my "annual spend" of $40k+. It is interesting that every specific question prompts an initial response of "can I put you on hold?" indicating that Chase still do not have their act together on this offer.

British Airways Exec Club this morning did seem to be much more up to date and stated that e-mails would be sent to all qualifying members by March 15th. I was also told that the campaign status did not apply to this particular offer, but they did confirm that I was "registered" for the offer.

I continue to wait patiently to see the outcome.