FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2,385 Nutri Gain Twists To Go!
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 01, 4:47 pm
flytoeat

I mailed them via USPS Priority Mail with signature confirmation and insured them for the amount that I paid to get the Twists. I have had no problem with timely postings.

By the way, I disagree with your contention regarding the value of your contribution when donating the food. It is to be valued at the fair market value of the items being donated. Boxes with the mileage certificates are no more expensive than those without. It is a very slippery slope to try to value the mileage. The IRS has no provision for valuation of airline miles. You receive no charitible deduction when you donate mileage, for example. In my modest opinion (backed by queries to my 2 CPAs) you may take the full deduction.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by FlyingHammy:
How did you mailed the certs? What should I do to ensure that they post the correct miles on my account?

True the value is great for 1st/biz tix, but I'd never spend $8000+ for these tix anyway. My domestic travel have always been under $200 by Priceline and Southwest. I guess I can use these for int'l traveling to Asia in the summer. But how easy is it to get an award tix?

</font>