FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priceline guests get a bad rap? How to fix?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:37 am
ReconDoc

"If you didn't break the TV or steal towels, then, frankly, I don't even know what you're getting so worked up about. You should not be charged for any such thing,"

Trust me if I knew how to quote only a part of your response I would do so.

I just do not see how we can have this both ways. I stay on a PL stay and the hotel bills me for 3 expensive towels which they add to my cc I gave them on check in. Its their word against mine.

They claim a daily breakfast x 7 of which I ate only one. They add those charges for that to my CC. Its their word against mine.

Except I have AMEX or Visa ready to fight for me.

So unless that is exactly my signature authorizing those breakfast charges I will not pay. And I do not see that as some minor technicality that the signature is smuged or a little messy, or coffee stained.

That messy or missing signature becomes the difference between me paying for something I did not order while being at the mercy of a hotel chain that has already billed my cc and not paying at all.

The 3 missing towels? Thats just too bad. I will not pay for those. They can just deal with that as part of the cost of doing business. Self insurance or insurance company. I could care less. Just not me.

You seem to make a big distinction between charges I should pay and those I should not. When the hotel bills me they only see it as charges I should pay.

Me saying I am an honest person despite being a lowly unwanted PL customer you think will carry a lot of weight?

If the hotel needs a clearly readable unsumgged non coffee stained signature on my charges they better get it.

Otherwise they can talk to my CC company.

Doc