FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Maria Isabel, Mexico City [Master Thread]
Old Feb 27, 2010, 9:04 am
omegadeal

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I am here now, and this seems like a nice place. I am only SPG gold right now, but I was upgraded to the towers and brought to the VIP section to check in. I have access to the lounge, but haven't been up there yet, and may not use it since I'm on the go a bunch this trip.

Internet access is $20/day but free in the Link if you want to use it downstairs.

The gym is $12/day, but it looks like they waived it for me

An interesting thing is that all room service items appear as single charges on your folio. For example, if you order a meal, a beverage, and a dessert, and tip the server then you will have four room service charges on your folio. Its not a big deal at all, but at first glance I didn't pick up on it and thought I had been charged four times.

If you get a cab from the font of the hotel and are on a budget then be sure to ask for a normal taxi. Otherwise they might put you in an executive car which will be more expensive. It really isn't that much more (about 1.5x the cab price), but some may be wondering.