FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missing Mileage Credit. How long is long enough?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:17 pm
jareckik

Programs: Hopefully CO Elite Platinum is 2010.
Question Missing Mileage Credit. How long is long enough?

I recently flew from Korea to USA and back. The ticket was purchased from Cheaptickets.com. It was a Continental ticket with Continental flight numbers but the four flights were operated by Asiana, and United.

This trip was February 10th to the 17th. I have not received any credit to my account. This will be my first year making Elite status but I will need these miles. I tried to fill out the online form for missing Continental miles and the website says I have an invalid ticket number.

I find that the Continental website is not very helpful. I wish I could find a way to send an email to Continental asking for help. Since I live in China it is more difficult for be to call them while open.

My questions are:

Should I expect the miles to already be in my account or does it normally take longer?

Is the ticket number given by Cheaptickets a Continental Ticket number or something else?

When determining whether you are requesting missing Continental miles or partner miles, are you looking at the flight numbers or the operating carrier?

If these miles don't show up what are my chances of getting the credit if I do not have my original boarding passes?

Thank you for any advice.