FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any page on spg.com list point expiration date?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 6:23 pm
ttrltb

Hey former1k,

I just typed "Starpoints expire" into the Instant Answers link under SPG Support and the text does mention the dining option:

Ask Us a Question
Q: Starpoint Expiration?

Starpoints do not expire for active Starwood Preferred Guest members. In order to keep your Starwood Preferred Guest account active, you will need to have earned Starpoints as a result of either one qualifying stay or one dining event within a rolling 12-month period. After this time the account becomes inactive. If from this date the account still does not reflect any activity within a six month period, the account will expire and the Starpoints forfeited.

Our full terms and conditions of Starwood Preferred Guest program can be found here.

Still, I'm not sure if the 365 days is from the date of the last activity or the posting of that activity. As soitgoes suggested, you may wish to call SPG (or give a shout to a Lurker) to confirm that last detail... Either way, I suspect SPG would be accommodating if you were close to either.