FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thai Airways Domestic flights - worth flying Business or not?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 2:16 pm
BKKROP

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by Tanyam99
this additional spend domestically? I am looking at a fare difference btw Economy and Business of only about 8,000 bhat for 3 domestic flights for 3 pax. My husband is tall so if there is a considerably better seat pitch in Business then it'd be worth it....
We answer our own questions when we buy overseas airline tickets, don't we?

50quid for a little comfort, a snack and a hot towel, thats after we have shelled out a couple of thousand to get there. Yes I always buy Business domestically and regionaly when I travel, whilst at home I would be happy in economy on Qantas to fly the 1 hour flight up to Sydney.

I also think my familly are paranoid snobs when they fly overseas, they don't want to line up with the millions of travellers, they read about all the things that go on at airports and can relate them verbatem to me, and they just want a boarding pass and escape into a lounge, not to reappear until minutes before departure. For the short hop up to Singapore, I don't believe there is a lot of difference in airlines, I choose the one that is easier for me, gives me points, or if like you flying from UK, fly with the same airline, it is not going to cost you anything. If you are flying around Thailand, there is an explore Thailand fare, from memory it is $99 a sector.