FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Clarification on AAdvantage 20 Partners...
Old May 11, 2001, 12:48 pm
sosafan

Programs: 1MM UA
Thank you Aadvantage for taking on this needed clarification. Please do not be frustrated by detailed questions. I think many of us are yearning to go for this bonus, but want to clearly understand the rules before we take the time, effort and extra money that some of these transactions will require. Here are my questions:

1. In what sense is the list of partners at AA.com complete? If there is a reason that a complete list is not available, could the existing list not be called "complete", as that is a source of confusion?

2. Clickrewards was removed from the list. Will posted mileage from a clickrewards transfer count?

3. Will posted mileage from the deposit of unexpired greenpoints certificates count?

4. Will posted mileage from points.com count?

5. Is the designation of certain partners as "AOLAAdvantage.com" partners on the list solely for identification, or would all of them count together as one partner?

6. Does the use of BOTH AOL quick checkout AND AOL Opinion place count as one transaction or two?

7. In general, how will I know whether a business which advertizes "Aadvantage miles" qualifies for this promotion? Flyertalkers have quoted someone named "Jason Earll" in two different threads with seemingly contradictory statements. In http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum.../003249-2.html there is a statement
"The business incentive offers to which you refer are part of the AAdvantage Sales program. All
Advantage Sales offers do not count toward this offer." But in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum71/HTML/003520.html he is quoted " These companies offer mileage through the AAdvantage Incentive Miles program. Each of these companies counts as its own partner for the purposes of the program." Do the "Aadvantage incentive miles program" and the "Aadvantage sales program" refer to separate programs, or has a misunderstanding been propogated here?

Thanks Again.

p.s. You suggested calling Aadvantage Customer Service with questions. I would suggest that a carefully composed FAQ at AA.com would be more efficient for both of us.