FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:41 am
yosithezet
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by peteropny
Good question - I suppose the answer is yes on the 2/2012 question - not absolutely sure though.

I think Hyatt has realized that their target Plat & Diamond member numbers have not been achieved so they just "released" this promotion which was "under wraps" all this time. This combined with the "free" status extension discussed in another thread to me strongly indicates that the numbers aren't where they want them to be.
I just got off the phone with a CS agent. I asked whether it could be a way to re-qualify through 2012 for someone that is already a Diamond. I was put on hold for long time while they must have discussed and tried to figure it out. When the agent returned she said that the only way it might help is if I don't re-qualify by December 31, 2010 and then had 15 nights in January 2011. Then it might give me Diamond through February 2011. She agreed to put the code in for me anyway and I promised not to call if it doesn't do anything for me. In retrospect perhaps that was silly since the 180 days will be up by then. That's OK, I plan to re-qualify on stays this year anyway.