FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Entertaining Boarding at C42 in BOS tonight
Old Feb 19, 2010, 7:49 am
jbpegasus

Programs: AirTran A+ awards, F9 Early Returns, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by bwicoplat
I fly AirTran from BWI-BOS and BWI/MCO or PBI with the family. The BWI agents are always great and helpful. PBI and MCO are great too. But last night in BOS. WOW. So I wrote the OP from the gate area. As we were boarding the other displaced woman was UG (she was Elite + and they still did that to her on the previous flight). The supervisor looked at her and said, "You are Elite + and were upgraded. Why didn't you say something before, we could have gotten you on the other flight." The lady said, "The other supervisor made it very clear that unless there were no shows, that wasn't going to happen." To which the supervisor said, "Ok. Well, I understand because if the flight is even one minute late then we have to write-up a reason why and we both really want to get out of here tonight and didn't want to deal with the extra paperwork."

So there you have it. And to finish off the experience the two F/As working the Y cabin met at Row 18 (where I was sitting) and proceeded to talk about how the flight time was just under an hour and could they get away with just saying that because of high winds in Baltimore (10 mph per the captain) and the short flying time, if they could sit in the back and just relax and not deal with this. Went on to say how they had one more flight and then started talking about where they were going out drinking after they landed. At this point I was staring right at them. The male F/A looked at me and said, "Do you need something?" I just smiled and said, "Yeah, to get home." He looked at his ID badge, flipped it over, looked at his partners badge flipped it over. Looked at me and said, "Well, yes we would all like to be home right now." And walked away. When they served drinks he passed by my row and said to her "Don't forget 18". This was after he served 19, 18AC and then asked 17 what they wanted.

Unreal.
That experience should not go unreported. You should call or e-mail customer service and demand a reply. Be sure to include gate and flight numbers and names if possible. Those F/A's probably worked for the now defunct ATA where that attitude was the norm.
I have no experience with AirTran at BOS but my experience at BWI,ATL,MCO,IND and MKE has been great.