FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Signia [was Hilton] Orlando Bonnet Creek {US-FL}
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:42 pm
HawkeyeFlyer

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
There are a couple of threads about this already out there...

I can say that I just checked out of the Hilton Bonnet Creek this morning. I stayed on a Q3FN certificate.

While there is a lot of excitement about this hotel on FT, I think it is a nice Average Hilton. I believe most of the excitement is because it is better than many of the other Hilton options in the area...

I will say that it is new and for the most part, it is a beautiful property. The Zeta Bar at the Hilton is really cool..

The rooms are average Hilton rooms. It was nice to have the shower stall vs. the standard tub thing. I booked a standard king room and was given a Disney View room as an upgrade. We were on a high floor, but do not be illusioned by the Disney view room. It overlooks Disney property, but not in a way that you would see anything. The view was nice since it also overlooked the pool and golf course. The alternative is a road and possibly I4.

They do not have an executive floor / lounge. The gold benefit was cont. breakfast in the restaurant or beverage and danish in the Coffee Shop. I took the coupon and upgraded it for $6 to the full breakfast. Since my partner had left early, I took his coupon to the coffee shop and got a pastry and coke to go..

We walked through the WA and I have to say that it is a nice property. We did not see the rooms, but it has a much more boutique feel than the Hilton.

Parking is $13 plus tax a night in a garage between the two hotels. There is valet for $20 I think....

It is not part of the Disney thing so there is no benefit of extra Magic Hours. There is complimentary Disney transportation to the parks though.

The pool area is wonderful. It has a lazy river and their is a great fitness room. I will say that the pool closes a bit early at 10PM.

I would stay here again, but I don't believe that the Hilton is a true CAT 7 as it is listed on the Hilton.com site. I would go Cat 6...

It is a nice hotel and I would stay there again. It beats any of the Disney options, mostly because you can get the points and the rates are a bit more favorable. My partner was a bit mythed that you really do not see anythng Disney in the hotel....

The staff seems friendly and attentive.
For my own measurement tool, what Hiltons have you stayed at in the United States that you would consider Category 7's