FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Delayed/Cancelled UA International Flights [Master Thread]
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:36 pm
pnoeric
In memoriam

[QUOTE=sbratcher;13398614]
Originally Posted by danielb6752
I wouldn't bother just yet - I had a 4 hour diversion to LHR on a FRA-ORD 777 flight last December, and the United customer service folks emailed me the united.com/appreciation email before we even landed, once they knew the extent of our delay (about 4 hours).

Got caught in last wee's snowmageddon. My NRT-IAD was diverted to ORD and the next day's flight nack home was 4 hours late leaving due to 2 planes down for mx. I have received comp emails from United for both problems.
That makes me say "grrrr." I was canceled twice on BER-FRA-IAD (the FRA-IAD leg, of course) due to weather... the second time, the flight was okay when I boarded in BER but by the time I landed in FRA, FRA-IAD was cancelled and I was rebooked for the following day. Which left me in a strange city, where I knew nobody, delivered there by United, and without compensation for a hotel room. I was ultimately told to go to the hotel where UA crew stays and ask for the special rate (which I did, and got) and to save the receipts and send an email. Which I did four days ago to the 1K Voice email address, and no response. At all. So I'll ping them tomorrow.

But I say "grr" since you received comps from UA for no problem. I got canceled once, then left stranded in a strange city, and I'm having to fight to even get a response! Grr!!! :-)