FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day change with different connection
Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:08 pm
YesLetsDiscuss

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by hw711
That means this fare applies to through ATL or through SLC and I should be able to make this same day change with no problem, right?
I did this two weeks ago. Paid for SAT-SAN RT through ATL instead of through SLC.

The return SAN-ATL was a redeye and my number on the upgrade waitlist didn't look too promising. I wanted to SDC to the shorter route through SLC. It wasn't easy - as for some reason, the SM agent wasn't able to see the SAN-SLC flights. Had to convince him that two choices existed and it took 20-25 minutes on the phone, but got it done.

I had considered SDC for the outbound SAT-SAN as well, but had decided against it. However, weather issues first forced a delay and then cancellation of SAT-ATL. Rebooked the next day through SLC.

They credited me with miles for the way I flew (SAT-SLC-SAN) rather than what I paid for (SAT-ATL-SAN) and have called them twice to get the miles as I would have got through ATL (difference of about 1000 MQM and 2000 RDM each way) and was promised the change both times. However, 10 days later, it still hasn't come through. Will call them again later today.

Do you guys think I will / should get the extra miles? Especially, since the outbound change wasn't an SDC, but weather related.