FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any double dipping for 1-800-Flowers???
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2001, 10:32 am
lorra

1-800-flowers, they are an odd bunch to deal with. Went thru E-bates and ordered chocolate for Mothers day. They were going to my Mom-in-law in NY. Everything was fine. That was this past Wed. Thurs. morning I get an email from them saying they did not have the item. Called them and they said they did not have any chocolate to ship. Ran out of the house, with 2-year old under my arm, went to the drugstore, got a 1 lb. box of chocolate and Priority Mailed it at the post office. Cost 1/5 of the charge from 1-800-flowers. That afternoon I got an email offering me a chocolate exchange they found, would I want it? Emailed them that I took care of it and wasn't interested. Sat. get confirmation of delivery in an email. Call them up, tell them I have a copy of my email to them saying I wasn't interested. They ask me if they should go get their chocolates from mom-in-law, or should I. I tell them, in my most frightning tone, that I am not driving 2 1/2 hours to Mom-in-law's and ripping chocolates out of her hand and neither are they and I'm certainly not paying, they say they will cancel my bill. The kicker is their chocolate had come melted into nothing, my mailed box came in perfect condition. Go figure.