FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impact of AA clearing upgrades later than in the past
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:57 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
I've noticed that my upgrades are not clearing. Obviously, it depends on the routes that one flies. Almost all of my domestic departures begin as outbounds from LGA at peak times when business flyers abound. Two weeks ago, my wife and I cleared two upgrades at the gate, although the AA seating charts indicated the flights were more than half empty up front (yes, we know about the uncertainty of using these stats), the third cleared at 24 hours out, and although we were on top of the UG list, we did not clear the fourth (LGA-DFW on Thurs PM). We're off again this week and with the 100 hour mark behind us for our departure, we have not cleared either of our outbound flights. .
If your major route is LGA-DFW, it only seems to clear about 1/2 of F cabin before 24 hrs out, the last 7-9 seats always seems to clear at T-5, your experience may vary of course. Mine is based friday late morning flights.