FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priorityclub is locking accounts after the QUIZ Game
Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:15 pm
soitgoes
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brandinius
Anyone have knowledge of a real case like this, where an account was shut down?
My company paid for 50 some nights last year with mostly HIXs at my request, and if the Priority Club folks futzed with my account over a few thousand points here or there, I'd be PO'd enough to just change to another program...lost revenue is not something I think they want right now.
PCR isn't likely to get worked up over earning 1,000 points or so from this promo. I think the worst they would do is remove the duplicate postings. If someone created a script to rack up mega points, that could result in a different response (if noticed I'm pretty sure that it minimally would result in an account adjustment; I can't imagine PCR letting people keep 50K, 100K, 500K, or 1MM points from this 100 point quiz). For all I know, though, there is a cap on the number of times the promo will post, even though it likely should be 1, which it clearly isn't.

As Raffles notes, PCR does close duplicate accounts. Even then, though, they haven't been aggressive with adverse action. I do think duplicate accounts cross the line, and I stick to one account per person.