FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What happens if i dont print my boarding pass tickets ? domestic flight
Old Feb 10, 2010, 5:11 pm
ansettlad

Programs: my name is SANDRA
What happens if i dont print my boarding pass tickets ? domestic flight

Hi people.

First my apoligies if this is a long to read as i want to talk about it more in dept.

I'm abit concern about the printing of the qantas boarding pass.

We are heading to melbourne on holidays for a weekend stay.
Me and my mother and father the 3 of us will be going to melbourne and stay at a nice hotel in the city.

I will be taking my laptop with me (no printer)

I want to check-in online at qantas website so that i can check in and select the 3 seats to head back home to brisbane.

I know now how that is done because last year i checked in online and it was quite easy.

But the big problem is that without a printer i can not print the boarding pass tickets for the 3 of us.

So i know that ones i have selected the 3 seats together where i want to be seated on the plane if its empty seats of course it will then guide me that the boarding pass tickets will be send to me as a *acrobat reader* application file.

But without a printer i cant print my tickets.

1first... perhaps the downstairs reception of the hotel can do this for me but the big risk is i would never give them my password log ins and username log ins and the ather problem is they would not really know exactly where we want to be seated on the plane. (normaly from home i keep refreshing the site until there are some empty seats on the plane as sit can happen any minute or any hour of the day as ive notice that) So i dont think i dont want to waist the time for them playing up on thier computer system. So that is not going to likely to happen because i could be there standing more then 1 hour refreshing the site for the hope of the fav seat i want (which does happen any random time on the day when seats are been change around)

2second: I dont think going to a internet cafe would be aprropiate.. well i gues it can but there are problems there.... when you log in to qantas website to do your checkin boarding pass at the end they will send you straight away a acrobat reader file which contains your boarding pass to be printed. Most internet cafes do not accept downloads of any sorts of files in thier internet cafe computers. also it is quite risky and dangeriouse that if i was to do that any ather people using that computer can someway see that file thats been kept on that computer my boarding pass.... So thats not going to happen due to risk and security. (but instead of downloading that file on that public computer i can still print the ticket without accepting the file to be download and just quickly print out the baording pass at the front desk. Simple.

So these are the risk and things i need to be aware of.

Know It would simply be quite silly if i was to go to a internet cafe to do the check in online and i have my own laptop back at the hotel to do this.

So to you.... My big question is: When i check-in online with my personal laptop at the hotel and then i choose the selected seats for 3 adults seating together..... (without a printer) what might happen if i check in online 24hours before departure and realise i have not printed the boarding pass ?

Is it posible to then 1 hour later after ive just check in online with my laptop anf go back to the internet cafe and then re-log back into qantas check in option (to print my 3 boarding pass tickets) or does this mean if you log back in you will have to re-select your seats and all before you print the rickets ? is that true?

Or will the boarding pass tickets be there for me to print it out whenever even if i log off and then log back into qantas website ?

The ideal of me checking in online with my laptop is that i feel safer that way and because i could be there spending sometime like 1 hour or such refreshing the site in hope to see more empty seats on my fav seats ( it does happen as ive done this last year as seats where changeing every hour so it was easy enough to pick your fav seat if its empty)

So yeah just making sure that ones ive done this i can go back 1 hour later to the internet cafe to log back into the qantas website to print the boarding pass tickets without going thru step by step on checking in when its allready have done it back at the hotel with my laptop.

Just making sure.

I dont want to end up at the airport with empty hands without the boarding pass because ill end up going into the huge line area.. I rather have the tickets on me before heading to the airport just the apropiate manner way for us and feel more relax that way.

Thanks to everyone sorry i am quite nervours about it. Its not like i would be taking my large printer with me to my holidays just for that.

regards.