FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good Bye Northern Bites, Hello Hot PocketsŪ
Old Feb 10, 2010, 1:55 am
OverThereTooMuch

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by baliktad
Wow, bad news day for in-flight food service. Hot Pockets are fattening sodium bombs. I will definitely miss the Y cheeseburger.

I'm also a little baffled why the Coke products would be served in single ounce servings? They're already free throughout the plane whether you buy food or not, so why tout that in this announcement?
I can't imagine any sort of survey where frequent flyers would pick a hot pocket over a cheeseburger. I'll bet the survey was worded poorly, and left out the words "hot pocket". Maybe something like "hot, fresh pepperoni calzone" vs. "warmish beef-like sandwich". Charging $7 for it just adds insult to gastrointestinal injury.

As for the coke, I wonder if they mention it because they are shrinking the serving size? Sounds like shots of Coke may be all people get now. Hopefully there's just a word missing from the press release (like the person didn't know how many ounces the glasses held, and forgot to fill it in before it was released).