FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Purser Flirted with Girl Across From me, Then Upgraded Her to J
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:38 pm
payam81

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by RCyyz
Easy now. While this particular case is odd at best, it also seems to be isolated. It's not like the board is littered with reports like this.

AC service under Calin has gradually been improving. But in a company of any significant size (such as AC) there will always be stars (ACYYZ/SD for example) and duds such as the one reported here.
Well considering this is a matter that, for obvious reasons, usually goes unnoticed by anyone else other than the two parties directly involved, I'm not so utterly shocked that there aren't more reports of these incidents!

My own personal experiences are based on the stories told to me by several (four to be exact) female colleagues and friends who have no status (one didn't even have an AP account) who have been bumped up to J on transcon or trans Atlantic flights either by the check in agent or an FA on the flight for no other reason but vanity. One FA in particular even passed on his number to my female friend after bringing her in to a J pod in the mini cabin of a 333!

Wasn't there also that lady just 1-2 weeks ago who got an op-up on YYZ-NRT? Same deal again pretty much.

That said, I agree that there are always duds and then there are some who go above and beyond. I myself have had the pleasure of encountering a few of these ladies and gents and they are one of the main reasons I stick to AC, even if I sometimes have to go a bit out of my way or spend more $ to fly them. My post was obviously (given the context of the original post) was referring to coming down hard on the staff who break policy and/or behave in an unprofessional manner which will at the end reflect badly upon the company and the other hard working professionals.