FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Be wary of the corrupt police in Puerto Vallarta!!!
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:06 pm
Nystateofmind51

Folks, 90% of your

replys to my thread lack merit. You weren't there, you didn't experience this first hand, you didn't hear what the locals told me about the police or the hotel employees or other tourists about shakedowns that occur on a regular basis to extort money from tourists, you didn't bother to ask me intelligent questions about nightlife in PV (the clubs start gearing up at midnight for the tourists and locals and close at 4 a.m.), you have no idea how many "more interesting" countries I have seen thoroughout the world, so it really is absurd to read most of your comments that anyone with an iota of intelligence would ask more questions than trying to make me responsible for the actions of a corrupt police force!

Why can't you just accept the fact that this type of harrasment and shakedown and extortion (yes they took money from my friend but not from me as I was far too concentrated on every action they were doing with me), and accept the fact that there are countless reports on the internet and off the internet about similar situations that never should have happened. I didn't bother to read about this before leaving, as it never occured to me that this could happen.

American and Canadian Tourists in PV should be revered, especially if we are behaving responsibly. Without tourists, PV will slide to below nothing.......guess you are forgetting that fact. The quickest way to lose them is by the actions they decided to take towards me and my friend last week....enough said, I hope it NEVER happens to any of you, I mean that sincerely.......