FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles for Rent/Mortgage/Tuition? [Consolidated]
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:03 pm
dyrewolf31

Programs: AA LT PLT 2mm, SPG Gold
I'm lucky that my school does take cards for tuition payments, without charging a fee. In fact I can pay even the portion covered by student loans, and then get a check for that overpayment.

Originally Posted by Delta2010
I am relatively new here and just recently got into collecting freq flier miles. I am learning a lot through this forum and have collected more than 100k miles already in last couple of months or so. Thanks for that! Obviously now I am getting addicted to this and want to earn miles for every $ I spend. My major 3 expenses are monthly home mortage through Wells Fargo, tuition fee (for my evening graduate school coursework) and monthly rent payments for my wife's apt (she had to move to pursue her medical school). Unfortunately, WF doesnot let me charge mortgage through CC, my univ and wife's apt charge 2.5% convenience fee if charged through CC which doesnot make the mile worth the fee. Is there some round about or some trick that I can earn miles through these major expenses without incurring any fee?