FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX-JFK UA P.S. Flight, C (Some Photos Included)
Old Feb 4, 2010, 2:06 pm
as219

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by globetraveler
Thanks for the comments as219! That's funny that we're in the reverse situation. I think I'm going to start doing SNA-SFO-JFK per your suggestion, and it's nice to know that I can use the RCC lounge out of SNA as well.
Back in the good ol' days, before they killed SNA-LAX, you had a choice of connecting points for p.s. flights to NYC. That was nice, because delays into SFO would still leave you with the LAX option. These days you have to hope SFO runs smoothly.

Personally I like the RCC at SNA. The people there have been particularly nice, and they know the rules about p.s. pax having access. ^

I did use the RCC Lounge at LAX. As a 1K are we allowed to use the lounge when flying in Y too?
Not sure. There was talk at one point that 1Ks in Y would get access, but I seem to recall this didn't pan out.

More to the point, why would you ever fly p.s. in Y?!?

I have flown P.S. a few times over the years, and it was nice when they offered a more lenghty wine selection. And if they're going to only offer one, it should at least be good! (Bring back the French Chablis please! ^)
Yeah, it was. At least they now have better wines in the RCCs so we can have a glass of something decent before flying...