FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Needs a Corporate Program
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2010, 1:20 pm
flyupfront

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Hilton Needs a Corporate Program

As a small business owner I regularly purchase hotel rooms for my employees (I go along a good bit of the time as well). It is not unusual for me to purchase 3-6 rooms for a night or two per trip. Hilton does allow me credit for up to 2 rooms but that's it.

Recently I had a group of 4 rooms for 3 nights at a Fairmont hotel. I had no expectation of any additional credit beyond 1 room. When I checked my account I was pleasantly surprised that they gave me credit for all rooms (stays) and all nights (12).

The airlines have corporate programs that allow credit for airline tickets purchased (above and beyond the individual's points). I wish Hilton did this as well. It's a bummer that I am responsible for probably 200+ room nights per year at Hilton properties but only get credit for a fraction of those. When I asked the Diamond desk about such a program I was told there isn't one (though it has come up from time to time). Might be a good way to counter slow economic times + grumbling about points devaluation.

My two cents.