FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Los Angeles Westwood 2007 on [Master Thread]
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:48 am
upgrade.me

Programs: SPG, Wyndham, AA
Throw Me A Bone

A recent stay to the W Lakeshore (Chicago) has had me thinking..

I booked a Spectacular "Lake View" room which I absolutly love, being that I've stayed here plenty of times before. This particular trip was on for 1 night on Christmas. I checked in fairly late around 9pm. Now me being at the bottom of the food chain, Starwood Pref. only the front desk offered a suite for an extra $150. I turned down that offer because I thought it wasn't worth it, but what ticked me a bit was finding out that they were only at 20% occupancy later on in the evening. Oh well, 'nuff said and done. This W is my fav' out of the 5 I've visited.

At 20%, they can't throw me a bone? Gees louise! Where was the Christmas spirit?

After a follow up email with a manager (GM was on vacation) I once again said my stay was Wonderful but I asked him about the upgrade. His response was that in the event of low occupancy they close off floors to reduce cost and energy. My thought is "but for $150 you'll open up a so called closed floor?".

I think his excuse was BS. I understand I'm not entitled to any upgrade what so ever but it was almost 10pm and there couldn't of been many if any Gold or Plats arriving! I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I was curious if any there are any other loney Pref. members out there that have encountered something similiar, or possibly did get an upgrade?

I guess I'll just keep plugging away and hopefully get enough points for a free night. Hopefully that'll happen within the next 5 years. *HAHA