FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Los Angeles Westwood 2007 on [Master Thread]
Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:39 pm
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by masskrug
I stayed here in early December en route to the LA Auto Show. I booked a Fabulous Suite as SPG Gold and got...

a Fabulous Suite.

However, it was not as nice as the one in the above pictures. It did not have a fancy raised sink basin, and did not have a separate shower.

Hotel was not very busy, so I suppose they 'enhanced' me to a low floor room overlooking the ventilation fans between the buildings.

However, the Acura service is great. Not only will they give you rides, but you can 'rent' a MDX for the day as long as you have a copy of your car insurance.^
As a Gold member you aren't entitled to anything else in an all suite hotel. You do know what Gold members are entilted to, correct?

I'm a platinum and a returning guest. As a gold member you shouldn't expect that. I'm sure the suite I got was not a select standard suite and the hotel went over and beyond SPG benefits for my stay and I certainly wont expect that for my next stay.

Since you know for sure the hotel was not very busy (which is never a true indication of occupancy) did you ask to be moved to another room? If you didn't communicate your displeasure with your room assignment, then you got what you paid for.