FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Carlton Cannes Master Thread [merged] - rebranded as Regent
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:00 pm
AMDB7

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
I have a reservation this coming summer for a cheapest classic room with PC pts. I check my reservation today and find that the classic room was changed to a 1 King bed executive mountain view room.

The mountain view room is definitely not what I want. I used to stay there on pts as well couple years ago but was upgraded straight to 1 king bed surperior seaview suite. I'm wondering if the hotel has changed the policy for the stays on pts. Have anyone actually stayed at the executive mountain view room before? Will they further change my reservation to upper room category or the seaview suite when the arrival date approaches? Any experience?
My last stay here as an RA was quite disappointing - I booked a Classic on Best-flex (paid) rate. First they tried to put me in a TINY sea-view room...not even an Exec! I complained and after lots of frowning and tutting from the reception they "managed to find me" an Exec sea-view. But no suite - even tho they were showing plenty of availability on-line. (Which I pointed out to reception, only to receive more tutting and a feeble explanation that "the on-line booking record is out of date"!).

Pretty poor all round, considering I've been going there every year for about 15 years. And this was my first (and last) time as an RA. Still, thinking about giving them another go this year, but if I was disappointed like that again it would be my last visit.

Shame really, as I love the Carlton - but don't want to end up fighting for a reasonable room each time. Fair enough if they are full, but not otherwise.