FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gogo Inflight Internet Discounts and Promotions
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:39 am
BStrauss3

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Originally Posted by doodley
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "pick your dot" race?
You, Sir/Madam have never had the joy of attending a minor league american baseball game where the art of self promotion rules. You really should - just to see - I once parlayed a single free ticket into 7 glorious seats over 3 games...

For "the dot race", you get a choice of three colored dots on the back of your ticket or on a particular page of the program. After your make your selection, there is a race - shown on the JumboTron (TM). One dot usually gets far ahead, only to be lapped by the other two, leading to a win by a whisker. The 1/3 of the audience who's ticket has the appropriate colorded dot wins a valuable prize. Often sponsored by the local water delivery service and the prize is a free ticket to tomorrows game, with the 'losers' winning $5 off a case of delivered water.

In the GoGo case the dot's are attached to helicopters which rise up to a particular height. My consolation prize was a 50% discount code.