FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ticketing error--what should I ask for in return?
Old Feb 11, 2001, 3:18 pm
Nanook

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
I tried to fill in the online form on the aa website. 1000-word limit. After a few minutes of typing and a few more minutes of editing it down to 1000 words, I clicked on submit and it told me my session had been timed out. AArrgghh!
So I phoned AAdvantage customer service and explained the whole situation to the nice woman who answered. After getting on the phone with someone for a minute or two, she came back on the line and said they would send me a voucher for the difference in what the ticket should have cost and what it did cost. I felt that was fair.
But she read me what the City Ticket Office agent put in the record, which said, "Customer misunderstood and thought the ticket would cost the same as when reserved." It went on to say other things, which were totally wrong. You just never know what's in the record. I did not misunderstand, but as someone on the Hilton board said, sometimes it's better not to know what's on your record. Less stress.