FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BWI Airport to Quantico by train
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2010, 3:04 pm
Dianne47

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
BWI Airport to Quantico by train

My husband is disabled due to illness, he can walk very slowly and not too far. Our son-in-law will be graduating from Marine OCS at Quantico (south of D.C.) in late March. I'll be driving cross-country with my daughter, leaving my husband to fly PHX-BWI by himself on Southwest. He'll get a wheelchair curbside to plane in PHX. We haven't decided if he'll take his own chair, although it would be handy for the activities we'll do while in Virginia.

I know Amtrak trains stop at BWI, he can get on the train and get off at Quantico station where we will pick him up. Here (finally...) is the question. How far is the train station from the BWI terminal - is it reasonable to have the wheelchair attendant take my husband from baggage claim to the train?

I'm posting here first, if no one has a good answer I can also post on the Southwest board. For those who would say, "Fly to an airport nearer to Quantico," the airfare to BWI is substantially lower than to DCA or IAD, plus there is no train from IAD and from DCA would be a hassle involving changing trains. He will arrive at BWI on a Thursday, mid-afternoon.

Thanks in advance for local knowledge about the BWI train station.